The 4D Medicine
We always think of what so Called 3 dimensions Objects which comes as a result using 3 planes. Frontal, transverse and sagittal but no one see the fourth dimension. Which is well understood well by physicists. 4th Dimension is TIME which osteopathy considered it well.
Let us start with the 4 principles of Osteopathy:
- The body is a unit; a person is a unit of body, mind, and spirit.
- The body is capable of self-regulation, self-healing, and health maintenance.
- Structure and function are reciprocally interrelated.
- Arterial role is very important for the treatment.
Major System we deal with as Osteopath are Four main systems:
Osteopathic Treatment Session often divided into Four sections;
If you’ve never been to a DO before, you may wonder what to expect DURING A typical Osteopathic visit which it is always includes four parts: interview, exam, diagnosis, and treatment.
- Interview: The DO will talk with you about your medical history. In addition, you will be asked about such factors as your home, work, and family life.
- Exam: Your DO will do a complete physical exam. If necessary, tests will be ordered. The physician will do a structural exam, which starts by checking your posture, spine, and balance. The DO will then use fingers to feel your back, hands, and feet. Also, the physician will check your joints, muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
- Diagnosis: The DO will consider the results of the interview and exam and will tell you what may be causing your symptoms.
- Treatment: The DO will suggest a treatment plan. This may include such options as drugs and surgery. It may also include OMT. Depending on how severe your problem is, you may need more than one OMT session.
Written by: Dr. Bouls Thabet